Sunday, August 2, 2009

Reduce, Reuse Recycle???

http://lessplasticmorelife.org/

So what is the best option?

For the past couple of months, I've been carrying around a couple of polyethene bags in my backpack and I actually use them instead of taking a new one from shopkeepers. I feel good about this little change, although it also makes me more aware of the fact that every single polyethene bag I use is going to end up in a cow's stomach or clogging some water source or burning and spreading toxic fumes... So I'm going to stitch a few cloth bags for myself :)
It's like a chain reaction. Actions increase awareness leading to more actions. Not bad!

P.S. Thanks tripper for the link :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, we really need to make that effort to stop taking plastic bags. And tho it seems like a big effort at first, its actually nothing. Once you get used to living without plastic, it seems normal. How did people live 20 years ago, everything was given in paper, or carried in cloth bags. lets move back to that.

    ReplyDelete